41#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:07:42 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

Constance Wu photographed by Matthew Priestley

POSTED BY SHIRAZADE
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

42#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:14:21 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

Constance Wu attends the 2018 American Music Awards at Microsoft Theater on October 9, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

punksestra
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

43#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:16:43 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

Asian-American Ladies - Constance Wu

“It’s not a Chinese arc, it’s not an Asian arc; it is an Asian-American arc, and I’ll probably get shit for saying this, but in terms of the Hollywood or media perception of nonwhite cultures, one thing I have noticed is they’re more comfortable hiring the Chinese-Chinese actress who is a star in China and who has bankability there and who they understand as a thing to celebrate if not exoticize. The Asian-American experience [is something] a lot of us as Asian-Americans really haven’t explored, because they lump us all into one. Asia can be Japan and it can be India; it’s a balance, and it’s not easy, and that’s probably why it’s easier for Hollywood to hire Chinese-Chinese actresses as opposed to people who fit the Asian-American mold, because a lot of people like to simplify problems. It’s terrifying to say, ‘This is a thing that is complex and worthy of our time,’ but it is complex, and that’s why you’re not going to always find an easy, palatable answer. I think [the show is] trying to approach that complexity in a very traditionally simplistic form. And I think if we can do that, it’s almost its own type of activism.”

delkoduquesne
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

44#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:19:04 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

It was such an L.A. burglary […] I have security cameras on my property, so I saw it.

johnolivejar
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

45#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:20:33 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

Constance Wu photographed by Roy Beeson for Yahoo Style

fallenvictory
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

46#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:21:20 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

Constance Wu
23rd Annual Critics’ Choice Awards, California | January 11, 2018

awardseason
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

47#
 Tác giả| Đăng lúc 21-12-2019 20:22:23 | Chỉ xem của tác giả

Constance Wu photographed for Marie Claire (August 2018)

First, we need to delineate the difference between diversity and representation. For so long, Hollywood studios have thought that diversity is putting a person of color in there to check off a box. And when we talk about representation, it’s stories where our culture is not neutralized, where it’s not like, Oh, anybody can play this. No! We don’t want to say anyone can play this. Only we can play this because this is our story and we are not ashamed of it. We’re proud of it.

breathtakingqueens

Rate

Số người tham gia 1Sức gió +5 Thu lại Lý do
ruangolani + 5 Ủng hộ 1 cái!

Xem tất cả

Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

Bạn phải đăng nhập mới được đăng bài Đăng nhập | Đăng ký

Quy tắc Độ cao

Trả lời nhanh Lên trênLên trên Bottom Trở lại danh sách